2017: An Extraordinary Year in Review
As we prepare to transition to 2018, it’s a great time to take a step back, reflect on the year, and express our sincere gratitude. This year has been a meaningful one for Education Elements; we have expanded our reach, developed new offerings, and, most importantly, learned so much from working alongside passionate educators and students. Here are some highlights:
- In May, we hosted our 3rd Annual Personalized Learning Summit in San Francisco, which included over 500 teachers, administrators, and thought leaders. We visited innovative companies, like Google, Salesforce, IDEO, Airbnb, and Yelp, listened to amazing keynotes, and worked together collectively to move this work forward. We’re grateful to our partners and friends who have attended in the past, and look forward to seeing more of you at The Personalized Learning Summit 2018.
- Expanding our reach into new countries (UAE and Brazil) and new states (Washington, Alaska, Missouri, and New Mexico), we bring our total to 34 states, 127 districts, and over 600 schools. This adds new perspectives and richness to our work and contributes to the growth of personalized learning in districts across the country. Thank you to our new district partners, who we’re excited to begin this journey with.
- We developed new service offerings and built a stronger presence in others, including strategic planning, competency-based learning, personalized learning benchmarking, and curriculum strategy.
- Incredible new members have joined our team, including two new partners - David Irwin and Simma Reingold - who together bring over 25 years of experience and expertise in serving top-performing districts across the country.
- We expanded our experiences and tried new things! We held monthly team challenges which included 21 days of mindfulness, 12 days of kindness, and 30 days of a plant-based diet.
- Based on our learned experiences working alongside clients, we produced thought leadership publications in new areas, as part of our commitment to sharing information about learning systems with everyone.
- White papers on curriculum adoption (Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3), the Core Four, and our Personalized Learning Framework
- New infographics for elementary and secondary design
- A framework and toolkit for competency based learning
- A communications guide for districts and schools approaching personalized learning
- A book, The NEW School Rules, by our CEO and Founder, Anthony Kim, that will launch in January!
Above all else, we appreciate you – dedicated teachers and education leaders who are committed to bringing about the best opportunities for students. We are inspired by you, your passion for this work, and the vision you have for the future of education.
Enjoy some holiday cheer from the Education Elements team below. See you in 2018!