This year we are reimagining what "workshops" at a conference can look like. As part of 2018 PL Summit, we will be hosting small group roundtables. Each roundtable will include 8-15 participants and will focus on a specific question that the facilitator will host a 75-minute conversation around. The facilitator will select the question, prepare a few resources to share, and design an agenda to guide the conversation and ensure all roundtable participants are able to talk and share resources.
The application process for facilitators is now closed
Who is Education Elements?
- Education Elements was founded in 2010 as an education technology company to support schools and districts to design and implement blended and personalized learning. We have evolved into an education consulting firm that supports schools and districts to solve a wide range of challenges. We are a team of seasoned educators, designers, technologists and change management experts with a proven track record in our work with districts. Together, we build and support dynamic school systems so that all learners can thrive now and be ready for their life tomorrow.
- We have worked with over a hundred of districts across the country. We bring deep expertise, design thinking, expert facilitation and the spirit of collaboration with our extensive toolkit of resources and technology to deliver sustainable results.
- This year marks our 4th annual national Personalized Learning Summit.
What is the Education Elements 2018 PL Summit?
- Our 2018 PL Summit will take place May 2-4, 2018 in San Francisco, CA at the Hilton Union Square.
- Education Elements has been hosting an annual Personalized Learning Summit (PL Summit) since 2015.
- For the first two years, the PL Summit was an invite-only event for our district partners, special guests, and digital content partners.
- Starting in 2017, we opened the event up to the public and are proud to be building a broad, international, personalized learning community.
- The PL Summit has grown from 150 attendees in 2015 to the 750 we expect in 2018!
- The goal of the PL Summit is for school and district leaders who are transforming teaching and learning to learn from and with each other.
- This year’s PL Summit is focused on the theme “Shaping the Future Together.”
Why "Shaping the Future Together"?
- At Education Elements we believe that education leaders need to prepare the
students oftoday for tomorrow. We are excited to bring together leaders from across the country to work together and to learn from each other and national experts. With our collective experiences and expertise, we can change schooling today so that our students can change the world tomorrow.
What is the timeline for submitting and reviewing proposals?
- October 2, 2017: Calls for proposals open
- December 7, 2017: Proposal process closes
- January 15, 2018: Notification of application status
- January 30, 2018: Deadline for accepted speakers to sign speaker's agreement, register and submit supply requests
- February 1, 2018: PL Summit 2018 Roundtable Facilitators announced to public
- March 13, 2018: PL Summit Roundtable Facilitators Webinar
What should I expect as roundtable facilitator?
- As a roundtable facilitator, you will host a small group conversation with 8-15 participants.
- This roundtable will last 75 minutes and should focus on a specific question.
- As the facilitator, we ask that you select the question, prepare a few resources to share, and design an agenda to guide the conversation and ensure all roundtable participants are able to talk and share resources.
- Your group will be seated at round banquet tables and will not have access to a projector – we do this to encourage conversation and participants to bring artifacts.
Who attends the PL Summit?
The PL Summit is primarily intended for school and district leaders who are transforming teaching and learning. We expect attendees this year will include:
- District and School System Leaders
- School-Based Leaders
- EdTech Enthusiasts
- Innovative Organizations
- National Thought Leaders
What neat benefits will I receive as a roundtable facilitator?
As a roundtable facilitator, you will receive:
- Free conference registration
- Access to all PL Summit events
- Education Elements’ Bring Your Own Thoughts blog post spotlight
- Robust networking opportunities
More info about PL Summit 2018
Find all the information about our PL Summit on the PL Summit 2018 website.
Also, get an idea about what happened at PL Summit 2017