The National Academy for Personalized Learning is a one-day event on April 9, 2019 from 9:15 AM - 3:00 PM which is designed for district leaders to learn, develop and progress personalized learning implementations in their districts. North Carolina has placed emphasis on digital learning competencies (DLC). This Academy will bring clarity to the alignment of these priorities with personalized learning practices and provide guidance on the strategies and approach to scaling personalized learning.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Participants will experience professional development for district leaders facilitated by experts that have guided national and local personalized learning implementations. Here are a few examples of what you can expect:
- Strategies for effective collaboration and planning
- Exemplars of instructional innovation for student and adult learners
- Participation in a dialogue that advances the community of practice
- Digital Learning Competencies (DLC) CEU opportunity for licensure renewal.
- This event is sponsored to make it available at no cost for district leadership teams. We encourage districts to attend in groups of 3 or more.
- Location: Kaleideum-North, 400 W Hanes Mill Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27105. A creative space that was designed for learning experiences.
- 9:15 AM - 3:00 PM
- Snacks and lunch will be provided
- What to bring? Participants should bring a device, charger, and headphones.
The National Academy of Personalized Learning was last hosted in Texas and is delivered in regions that are nationally recognized for advancing instructional practices. A few of the reasons for selecting NC for this event are:
- For the last several years, North Carolina DPI has been working on clarifying a vision for personalized digital learning. One way they have done this is through the Digital Learning Progress Rubric.
- District Administrators are required to gain two DLC CEU’s for Licensure Renewal (LICN-055).
- The effective use of technology along with a significant increase in device adoption has created an opportunity to shift classroom practices to student-centered learning.
- NC districts have increasingly leveraged research and consulting organizations to help advance and support their vision for instructional quality transformation and equity. Education Elements is a national K12 consultancy specializing in personalized learning, instructional model design, and leadership development. (Learn More)
THIS EVENT IS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
WHAT PEOPLE SAID ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS PL ACADEMY IN TEXAS
About Education Elements:
Education Elements works with districts to build and support dynamic school systems that meet the needs of every learner, today and tomorrow. We take the time to understand the unique challenges school leaders face, and then customize the Education Elements approach for each district. We have worked with more than 750 schools and 140 districts across the country. We bring deep expertise, design thinking, expert facilitation and the spirit of collaboration, along with our extensive toolkit of resources and technology, to deliver sustainable results. Check out our latest annual report.